A Wonderful Place to Work!
We're passionate about providing exceptional service to the communities we're a part of. If you share that passion, consider joining our team! You'll enjoy a wonderful place to work with great perks and benefits.
See our current job opportunities below — then apply online, in person, or send us your resume.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- 401K/Profit Sharing Plan
- Wellness Program
Or email your resume:
Fax your resume:
Mail your resume:
First State Bank
706 Washington St.
Mendota, IL 61342
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Current Open Positions
Technology Support Specialist, Mendota
Provide first line support for technology troubleshooting. Direct technology questions to the correct IT staff. Assist the IT Manager with core system maintenance. Work on projects involving the core system. This is a full time position, Monday through Friday and Saturdays as scheduled. The person that assumes this position will work from Mendota.
- Provides technical assistance to all departments and branches.
- Interacts with internal personnel to help resolve IT related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- Assists in the strategic planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to all systems related to the bank’s core processing system.
- Implements IT security.
- Performs troubleshooting on IT systems related to the core system.
- Works with other IT staff to implement disaster recovery procedures.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of user accounts on the core system.
- Work with teams in the roll out new products, features and upgrades to the core and related systems.
- Participates in the creation and updating of technology related policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of IT systems such as PCs, phones, network communications, and databases.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Experience with core banking systems.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and keep up with changing technology.
- Be able to lift and carry equipment up to 25 lbs. in order to modify, install, clean and/or repair computer hardware.
Sufficient education, training, and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed, which would typically be acquired through:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years of previous IT work experience preferred.
Part-Time Teller, LaMoille
This is a responsible position requiring initiative and knowledge of services available to customers.
Teller duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receives cash and checks for deposit, verifies amounts, and looks for check endorsements. Examines cash carefully to guard against acceptance of counterfeit bills.
- Cashes checks for customers after verifying identification and checking account balances in accordance with bank policy.
- Enter transactions into Vertex computer system and issue customer receipts.
- Count cash balance at beginning of shift and balances cash and checks against computer records at end of shift.
- Prepare cashier's checks.
- Explain bank services and charges to customers.
- Observe suspicious behavior and reports any such activity to head teller and/or security personnel as appropriate. In the event of a robbery, remains calm and follows bank procedures to safeguard customers and staff.
This person needs to be knowledgeable of bank policies, procedures, and general banking practices. Mature judgment is required to interpret and meet the needs of customers.
The frequent customer contact requires an outgoing personality, tact, courtesy, and genuine desire to serve others.
This position requires attention to detail and accuracy in handling various negotiable instruments. Thorough knowledge of forms and proper use of them in processing the various transactions is essential (training will be provided).
Hours include Saturdays, as scheduled, fill in for vacation, sick and other times as needed.