A Wonderful Place to Work!
We're passionate about providing exceptional service to the communities we're a part of. If you share that passion, consider joining our team! You'll enjoy a wonderful place to work with great perks and benefits.
See our current job opportunities below — then apply online, in person, or send us your resume.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- 401K/Profit Sharing Plan
- Wellness Program
Or email your resume:
Fax your resume:
Mail your resume:
First State Bank
706 Washington St.
Mendota, IL 61342
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Current Open Positions
FULL-TIME eSUPPORT SPECIALIST
FIRST STATE BANK needs an ambitious candidate who will, as an eSupport Specialist, be responsible for assisting First State Bank customers in all aspects of online banking. The qualified candidate will work Monday through Friday, and every 3rd Saturday in the eSupport department.
The job description below outline the duties and responsibilities required to fulfill this position.
This position requires a solid IT background, particularly in the area of computer operating systems, and web browsers. A strong knowledge of First State Bank’s online banking products would be a plus. Troubleshooting will occur via phone, email, and chat support.
- Online Banking Password resets
- Reset security questions
- Assist customers in troubleshooting online bill payment problems
- Troubleshoot Treasury Management issues
- Troubleshoot FSBDirect issues
- Activate customers debit card in Apple/Samsung Pay
- Assist customers with Telephone Banking issues
- Assist customers in troubleshooting Mobile App issues
- Troubleshoot Zelle issues
- Assist customers with Online Payment Portal questions
- Direct BancVue and Online Banking Secure Emails to appropriate departments
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills, particularly phone skills and email/writing skills
- Personal Computing skills and experience with a strong background in Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office (primarily MS Word and MS Excel), and the five main web browsers (Internet Explorer, Edge, FireFox, Chrome, and Safari). Mac experience would be a plus.
- Previous banking experience
- Knowledge of online banking products or experience as a user of various online banking products.
- Experience with smartphone and tablet computers (Android, iOS, Google, or Windows)
Non-Exempt, Hourly Position
FULL-TIME TELLER/CSR, OTTAWA
This is a responsible position requiring initiative and knowledge of services available to customers.
Teller duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receives cash and checks for deposit, verifies amounts, and looks for check endorsements. Examines cash carefully to guard against acceptance of counterfeit bills
- Cashes checks for customers after verifying identification and checking account balances in accordance with bank policy
- Enter transactions into the Fiserv teller product and issue customer receipts.
- Redeem Savings bonds
- Process credit card cash advances
- Count cash balance at beginning of shift and balances cash and checks against computer records at end of shift
- Prepare bank cashier’s checks
- Explain bank services and charges to customers
- Observe suspicious behavior and reports any such activity to head teller and/or security personnel as appropriate. In the event of a robbery, remains calm and follows bank procedures to safeguard customers and staff
- Balance ATM and coin machines
CSR duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering phones
- Troubleshooting a variety of customer issues
- Opening accounts in Navigator/Fiserv (personal & business) including HSA, IRA, & Trust accounts
- Assist customers with opening or renewing Certificates of Deposit
- Closing accounts
- Placing check orders
- Back up each CSR
- Be knowledgeable of Patriot Act
The position requires a mature, professional person with an outgoing personality, and the ability to conduct themselves with tact, courtesy, and have a genuine desire to serve others. They must possess the necessary judgment that is required to assess, interpret and meet the needs of customers. This person will represent and promote the bank and its various banking products.
This position requires multi-tasking while paying attention to detail and accuracy in handling various negotiable instruments. Training will be provided to acquire knowledge of forms and proper use of them in processing various banking transactions. Knowledge of bank policies, procedures, and general banking practices is a plus.
Please note: Both teller and CSR duties and responsibilities (as listed above) may include additional duties and responsibilities that are not listed as well as other projects as assigned.