Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Few things in life — especially money — provide guarantee. A CD from First State Bank helps provide guarantee for your savings with fixed rates, higher than regular savings. One thing you can always rely on: the rate you start with is the same rate you'll finish with.
Plus, you're able to choose from our wide range of terms, allowing you to select the maturity date that works best for your exact goals. Talk to a First State Bank representative about our CDs or CDARS® for multi-million dollar deposits today.
- Fixed rates, higher than regular savings
- Receive higher rates by selecting a longer term
- May elect to receive monthly, quarterly or semi-annual interest checks
- Provides more guarantee than other risky investments
- Set aside for long-term savings goals
- A wide range of terms available (from 3 months to 5 years)
- No setup or maintenance fees
- Renews automatically upon maturity
- Early withdrawal subject to penalty
- FDIC insured
- Minimum deposit to open depends on the selected term
FDIC insurance doesn't have to stop at $250,000. CDARS® offers FDIC insurance on CDs up to $50 million. Plus, the management of your CDs is handled in full by First State Bank. That way, you gain better rates and peace of mind without inheriting the workload to match.
- Interest above standard savings, which may compare favorably with other investment alternatives
- Greater security; multi-million dollar FDIC insurance coverage
- Convenience; everything is managed internally by First State Bank:
- One interest rate
- One regular statement
- One year-end tax form
- Flexible maturity periods available
- Helps support lending opportunities within your local community
- Full FDIC coverage on amounts up to $50 million
Limits apply. Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into a CDARS® Deposit Placement Agreement with us. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us. CDARS® and Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service are registered service marks of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC
To learn more about how CDARS® can benefit you, visit the CDARS® website.